Friday, February 13, 2009

6 Things About Me

If you're on Facebook, you've probably seen the "25 Things About Me" posts that people do and then tag others, asking them to do it too. This is peer pressure at it's finest.

Well, I've been tagged several times, but I cannot bring myself to say 25 things about myself. I get to three or four in my head, and then spiral down into self-destructive thoughts of making number five something like, I am 50 pounds overweight and no one will ever love me. Thank you Stewart Smalley.

Ally over at westwagonho.blogspot.com posted six things about herself and tagged me to do it, too. Six seems more manageable than TWENTY-FIVE....

So, here it goes:

1) I am a mother to four, a wife to one and a sister to one.
2) I was an only child for sixteen years and five days.
3) I have an optimistic view of the future. Always. Even when I shouldn't. Things will get better....right?
4) I am a perfectionist. People who know me may think, "Really?" But yes, I am. It paralyzes me. I don't even start many projects because I know I cannot complete them. This is otherwise known as all or nothing thinking.
5) I hated school. K-12. Most of college. I love learning. I just hated the format of school and all the petty social crap.
6) I love being a mother. I'm really glad that I do love it, because realizing that you don't after you've had kids must be a real downer.

2 comments:

ok said...

So happy to find a new post!

Brooklyn said...

I hated school too, but love to learn!! Great motivation to homeschool isn't it!


About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Wife to John since 1995. Mother to Reggie (11) Rubie (8) Lily (5) & Henry (2)