Friday, December 19, 2008

Physical Therapy

I had a reality check Wednesday, when I started physical therapy for my once-broken, now-mended foot.

I apparently have the leg strength of an average 7-year-old.

After I took the strength test, the physical therapist had to go check with a collegue that the machine wasn't malfunctioning. "Could this possibly be right?" she asked. The other PT (also a 20-something cutie) said, "Hmmm, I think so. Do the other leg and see if it's similar." WELL, the other leg (with the afore mentioned broken foot) was only 60% as strong as the first! Does this mean my left leg has the strength of an average 4.2-year-old?

Okay, so maybe I haven't worked out in 2 years. Maybe I haven't done anything at all for the last nine weeks, but come on, I carry a 28 lb boy around all the time. I run up and down the stairs looking for clean laundry, missing Pokemon and my BlackBerry at least 20 times a day.
Does this count for nothing? Apparently.

Excuse me, I hear that 28 pounder crying. I need to use my sadly withered legs to carry my almost 38-year-old ass upstairs.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Ya know, I would trust that machine about as far as I could throw it! You are a supermom and don't forget it! luv ya!

ok said...

Honey, You have got a gorgeous set of gams. (love that guys and dolls lingo...)I think they must have been having major techincal difficulties.

Love to you and kisses for those beautiful kids. I miss you too!


About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Wife to John since 1995. Mother to Reggie (11) Rubie (8) Lily (5) & Henry (2)